With a typical total quiescent current of just 0.3 mA per channel, the new IL01x-Series low-power isolators draw one-fourth the power of our flagship products.
The new devices use NVE’s patented low-power spintronic Tunneling Magnetoresistance (TMR) technology.
A unique ceramic/polymer composite barrier provides excellent isolation, best-in-class barrier resistance, and virtually unlimited barrier life.
The new parts are low power and provide remarkable performance:
• 10 Mbps guaranteed maximum data rate
• No carriers or clocks for low EMI
• 100 teraohm insulation resistance
• 2.5 kV isolation
• 44000 year barrier life
• -40°C to +100°C
The four-channel versions use NVE’s unique True 8™ wide-body SOIC-16 package with full 8-millimeter creepage in accordance with IEC60601.
• 4-20 mA loop-powered controls
• Battery-powered instruments
Sampling began in March, and now production two-direction configurations are available:
|Part #|| Transmit/ Receive
|IL011-3E||2/0||0.6 mA||SOIC-8||Q3 ’18|
|IL015E||4/0||1.2 mA||0.3" SOIC-16||Q3 ’18|
*Typical Iq1 + Iq2; Vdd1 = Vdd2 = 3.3V
The one-direction IL011-3E and IL015E will be available in the third quarter.
Download the IL01x Datasheet >
Low-Power Isolator Demonstration
We demonstrated SPI interfaces powered by 4-20 mA current loops with the new IL017 low-power isolator. The best-in-class efficiency of IL01x isolators make them ideal for current loop applications:
"Blinky" Angle Sensor Demo Board
Due to popular demand at the Sensor+Test show, we’re offering a new angle sensor demonstration kit. The board has 60 multicolor LEDs to show the accuracy of AAT-Series angle sensors:
The kit features a 5-inch by 5-inch circuit board with:
• An AAT003 Angle Sensor
• 60 multicolor smart LEDs (6° spacing) indicate angle
• Onboard preprogrammed ATtiny microcontroller
• PWM angle output (8-bit resolution)
• Factory calibrated with optional field calibration
The kit also includes:
• Split-pole magnet
• Magnet locating fixture
• 5-volt wall-mount power supply module
AAT-Series angle sensors use NVE’s unique Tunneling Magnetoresistance (TMR) technology featuring:
• Up to 6 megohm bridge resistance for low power
• 200 mV/V output signal
• 1.5% maximum nonsinusoidality error
• Wide sensor-magnet airgap tolerance
• Sine and cosine outputs for direction detection
• Ultraminiature 2.5 x 2.5 x 0.8 mm TDFN6
AAT-Series applications include rotary encoders, motor shaft position sensors, and Internet-of-Things sensor nodes.
Download the documentation >